Business Name Here
Acquired by Bucky Stevens for Power from the Past and transported by he and his son, Nathaniel, from upper Pennsylvania in 1998.
1916 Western Engine
50 hp. Originally purchased by Walter Hegi of Buckeye, AZ and used on the first irrigation well drilled in the Buckeye Valley.
It was transported from California by train to the Phoenix Railway Station, then by a team of horses to the farm of Walter Hegi.
Later, Walter sold the engine to John Fornes.
The family of John Fornes donated the engine to Power From the Past.
1926 Skinner 'Universal Unaflow' Steam Engine
400 hp @ 200 rpm. 22 inch bore and 24 inch stroke.
Weight: 65000 lbs, including the 375 KVA @ 400 VAC generator.
Cost in 1926: $10,260.
Purchased from Apache Powder Plant of St. David, AZ.
It was used to produce power for the plant from 1927 to 1982.
It was first run at the Pima County Fairgrounds, AZ April 19, 2003.
Wilbur White of St. David, AZ was the engineer for this engine when it was in operation.
Skinner in operation at the Pima County Fairgrounds, AZ. at night.